The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Expectations of Great Not Muchness.

By and large, people agree.
That we should live in harmony.
As long as, conditions apply, you live our way,
From the path of whatever, don't you stray.

I heard a new voice in my head today,
It said, "all you know is wrong".
I said, "We have room for you till Friday,
Just don't stay all that long."

I was bitten by a stinging bee,
Just below my favorite right knee
It stung a bit and then it stopped,
The sore grew, then it popped.

One day, my green eyes fell out of my head,
My brain pored out my pink nose,
They said, to my mum, 'Sorry lady, he's quite dead,
As things go it's just one of those.'

They buried me in a cardboard box,
In a shirt and a tie, and matching socks,
And for all of this, I didn't much notice, or care,
'Cause, being dead turns your troubles into thin air.

The worms ate up my pretty face,
And put my long hair all out if place,
My bones got cold and rotted away,
They wasn't much point for them to stay.

After a while the gravestone was hard to read,
But none of my friends were alive to feed the need,
So Joel was forgotten and turned into grass,
What did you expect, Joel, you silly arse?




No comments:

Post a Comment