The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Monday, June 27, 2011

Got a Good Reason?

It is the saddest thing to see the world stripped of its illusions. It is like drinking a glass of hate, and being forced to smile afterwards.

I know nothing. In a world full of ideas, I really do know nothing. Even if I knew every idea in our world I would know nothing.

What have my incredible powers (here I laugh at myself) ever given me? Money? Power? The love of a beautiful woman?

What amusing thoughts. None of them accurate.

I own nothing. I own only the tattered, unoriginal, biased and narrow thoughts in my head.

I hear the sounds of my blood rushing around my brain when I go to sleep. I hear the night creatures tussle and growl. I hear strange whispered words, the secret words of lovers maybe, stolen by the breeze.

And biting always into my leg, I feel a tumor of sadness as my illusions are stripped away.



No comments:

Post a Comment