The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Past Remade and Reviewed In A Mind

If you couldn't remember something, how would you know you forgot it?

How do we know we haven't forgotten many things. How do we know that we haven't lived whole lives unknown to us?

Someone once said that to forget is the greatest gift a person could hope for. That memory is a cruel reminder of the things we used to be, that blinds us to what we could become.

But equally, it is said memories are treasures we carry always with us. That to reflect and learn from the past through memory is useful and wonderful.

I am afraid of the things I can't remember, and the things too that I can.

To lose memory, is what then? Will being an old man, with no company but my dementia be a blessing or a curse for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment