The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Set a Thief to Catch a Thief.

To navigate a distant land you need someone who has been there.


I've been to your land,
I've walked on your soil.
I've found the ways to get blood from a stone,
And learned to drink it to stave off thirst.

I've stood in the relentless sun.
Burnt and in pain.
I've found salve for the burns,
If found shelter in the blistering heat.

I've run from the cold-snap
And built a tiny fire in the blizzard
And cowered around it and prayed and prayed that
It won't go out.
I prayed so hard.

And then, I've run and run and run,
And jumped off a cliff,
Into the ocean cold like knives,
and I've been tossed in that stormy sea,
And in the morning,
I've been lying on the shore,
Alive, alive, alive.

Breathing the free air.
The navigator you need, is right here.



No comments:

Post a Comment