The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Socks That Were Never Worn.


So I was looking at a shop window and I saw a pair of socks that I really liked. They looked comfy and great to wear.

I thought that the shop would soon be open and I would be able to wear them. So over the next few days, I went back to the shop to see if it had opened yet so I could put those socks on my feet. It was, however, seemingly bizarrely closed when ever I went there.

I would have lost hope of ever wearing those socks if they had not been so tantalizing, sitting there in the shop window, such a nice pair of socks, I could almost feel them on my feet. But as days turned to weeks and I saw other feet wearing oddly similar looking socks and other faces staring in through the window of the sock shop just as I was, I realized that the socks would never be on my feet.

I discovered then, in that moment of epiphany, there were indeed other socks to wear and waiting around all the time with no socks on would only result in blisters on my feet due to direct foot to boot chafing. The waiting would be fruitless and it would be better if I didn't visit that shop window anymore. Quite possibly now I could find a better pair of socks. And those socks will be very nice and comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment