The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Friday, October 14, 2011

Being A Person


People are complex, there is no one thing we are. And people are simple, we are all the same.

Many people struggle with their multi-nature. How can a kind man hit his wife? How can a malevolent dictator be a vegetarian? How can a smiling school-girl be a closet slut? How can a drug abusing athlete be a caring mother? How can charismatic leader of peace be a terrible father?

Being a 'man' is something that is generally considered to be important. Particularly 'your own man'.

I am not my own man, and I never will be. Or perhaps, I am my own man and I always have been. It is my opinion that I am both. But quite honestly, it doesn't even matter, not to me, not to anyone.

The only people it matters to are the people who ask, 'Am I what I should be? Why am I these other things?'.

We have many sides as people. Sometimes we are mature, sometimes we aren't. Sometimes we are good, (whatever that means) sometimes otherwise.

All we need to do, is try, and if you are the kind to do so, hope, that you be whatever you need to be, when you need to be.

1 comment: