The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Friday, November 4, 2011

Haunted By a Zeitgeist

I am plagued by a time, feeling and place,
I respond to it with an expressionless face.
Because I know not what any of them are,
whether they were sweet, sad, near or far. 

I am haunted by a Zeitgeist,
By the spirit of an age,
And I know by holy christ,
I am on the wrong page.

I stalk prey like a hunter, through blonde grass fields,
knowing not what my quarry is, or what it could yield,
I seek it like a mad man seeks to steal the moon,
You ask him "Why?" what point is that for a loon?

"The Moon! The Moon! I must have have it!" he cries,
His mind, too lost to answer the "For what's? and whys?"

But we all know.
But we all know.
Buried deep inside.
Well do that we know,
The friends behind your eyes.
For who else will remember, young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment