The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Life That Brings And Sings.

"The brain has its own internal logic to test the structure and consistency of the world."
- Carl Sagan.


Each day we make ourselves anew.
It is only by making similar choices, again, and again.
That we build identity.
From the cast-off rubble of life.

I am not your hate or your cruelty.
I am not your superman, your saviour.
I am not nothing.
But I am something.

A brief flash of light in the dark?
A glimpse into another world?
What would you not trade,
For certainty. Whatever you see that as.

I have certainty. It came to me on a hot, hot day.
And a damn cold soggy night,
And a long silent wait in a clean corridor.
Perhaps even, in a something miraculous.

When you feel fear, fear you felt before,
And you know that the waiting will but make it stronger.
Do you ask for a miracle?

I didn't.

When you are more tired than you have ever been,
when you are hungry and lost and stuck and in pain.
Do you ask for a miracle?

I didn't.

When all the world is falling apart around you,
and you watch as all you love falls and drowns in an uncertain future.
Do you ask for a miracle?

I didn't.

But I'm still here.


No comments:

Post a Comment