The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Strange

The world is a strange place. I don't blame you for not understanding it.

Personally, I'd love to make my own world. A place where reward is given for being good. A place where those who deserve it, gain respect. A place where those who love are loved.

But that isn't our world. Our world is so much stranger. And wilder. And crueler. A place where you can sell a human child into a world of rape for shiny objects.

You're not stupid because you don't understand your environment. I don't either. I just play along and smile and nod where it seems appropriate.

I dream of a world of heroes. But that isn't what we have here. We have what we have. Instead of heroes, we have you, me, your friends (fine people one and all, but heroes? No.) your family, and those other people.

I'm sorry. Please keep living though. Things might get better. Things might get worse. But it won't matter if you don't sit here, and watch events unfold.

That might not not be enough for you. But it'd be a damn sorry thing if no one ever says a sunrise was beautiful, because no one was there to see it.





No comments:

Post a Comment