The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Extra Part

I dreamed a colourful wonderful dream,
I breathed in a harsh and hot bowl of steam,
I watched the future, become the past,
And I wished and wondered,
Why the things I love, couldn't last.

I can imagine a New World Order.
I can imagine an Earth without borders.
I can imagine ideals made real and true.
But I could never imagine a world without you.

All I can do is slowly and surely breath.
While inside me all my organs twist and seethe.
The white cold fire of the disc in the sky at night,
melts me, weirds me, with it's soft luna light,

But then, freedom, to run through the trees.
The longing for savagery, like endless scarlet seas.
The taste of the world, cut out of heaven's breast.
It could stretch on forever, north, south, east and west.

But when the sun that hurts me so sore,
That works it's way in through every pore,
When it rises like clock-work, I look down at red stains,
And feel the guilt crush me like rocks, again and again...

Where could you have gone? Why would you leave me?
Like a limb ripped from an amputee,
Stumps remain to fumble and swear.
Annoying, useless and beyond repair.

There is nothing I can do you could not twice,
Who would have two when one could suffice?
An extra part from the great machine,
Obsolete, unfitting, and better left unseen.


No comments:

Post a Comment