The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Sunday, April 4, 2010

They Call Me Omega

There is a character in one of my stories that lives in a desert city that is inhabited by him and a million others not of his kind. During the night he sleeps and they go about their business, they trade humans for food, murder each other, glide silently in the darkness, and see no use in mirrors. But in the day, he awakes and they flee him and the sun. And he finds them and kills them. And they are afraid of him even more than they are afraid of their own dark master.


I am the answer to this evil disease,
I bring the Other Folk to their knees.
I am the slayer of the dark craft,
I am the giver of healing draught.

Beware you abominations,
For I know your habitations,
And when I find out where you lie,
I will watch as your eyes die.

I smell your scent upon the wind,
I know the ways that you have sinned,
My blue cloak I wrap about my frame
As I search for the dread unnamed.

Some say you live forever,
You sneak about at night so clever
wings of leather, sharp teeth a-bare,
Into the velvet shades you stare.

Metal mallet and holy stake,
I smile as my vengeance I undertake,
Straight through the heart, its the only way,
I am your bane, Lord of the Day.

When afraid you whisper of me,
How once, you say, you said you see,
A powerful, strange figure, blurred in the sun's heat haze
A dread warrior who forgiveness to your dark god you pray.

Beware it is I, your feared legend,
Your awful half lives are mine to end,
You devil's spawn I crush with my fist,
You have no means or ways to resist.

I am humanity! The death of the dead!
I am purity, tremble at my tread!
I am the scourge of night's children
I am the damned's final amen.

You say you live forever on the blood if my kind. I prove you wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment