The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Saturday, July 9, 2011

All A Boy Could Care About

It's the easiest thing in the world, to care. To, when encountered with someone who you want something from, pull the correct face, and make a 'consoling' noise, pat a shoulder, and offer a few words you'll forget you even said in less than thirty seconds.

Caring is easy. If you really care, sometimes you do something, like select some expensive thing to buy, or take some time to do something, write something nice. Then everyone will see you care, clearly, you are a person who has a depth of feeling for whatever shit happened/that you did/that died/the test results are.

I love caring. Caring is important. Caring is sharing. Or is it sharing that's caring? I don't know, who gives a fuck?

Anyway, back to caring. As I said, caring is important. Only dicks don't care about things. I'm not a dick. I care about my community. I care about lonely old ladies, rape victims, oil spills, disadvantaged children, Africa, dead penguins, and all that other crap. It's really bad, probably, and I care so much that I sometimes pause in the middle of chomping down on a tasty beef burger and think about one of those things. Well, I will next time anyway. If I remember.






No comments:

Post a Comment