The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Flint In The Eye

Touch my face.
Touch my face.
See my race.
See my place.
See the rain.
The earth in pain.
Touch my face.

I dreamt of you,
Delicate one.
But you fell from my hand
Just touch my face.
With your fingers.

And with your fingers.
Take away my eyes.
Take away my eyes.
Tell no lies.
Hear no cries.
Sell no thoughts.
To the sower man.
The sower man.

I fear the days that went.
The things that happened.
The long, wet stale stare.
The long stare.
The wet stare.
The stale stare.
Of shock.

I know you.
I smelled you.
I touched your face.
I ran in your race.
I found my place.
I saw the rain.
My world in pain.

And I deemed it undone.
I said "Be it not so"
I said, "No. Don't go"
And the colours did run.
The colours of life.

I bent reality,
I fought the truth.
I make the ground.
I make the sky.
I make the sea.
I make your mind.
I made you.
But I don't.
I didn't.
I just burned.
In a world of running colours.
I was just another flame.



No comments:

Post a Comment