The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Flood Of Cuts.

"M_KE S_ME GOD_AMN SE_SE."
- The text on a signpost somewhere between Sydney and Melbourne.

So I was waiting outside a service station, I forget where, when just, just, like, out of nowhere this crow just,-

Warning: Subject Under Intense Stress.

Tempers bite me with their slow moving touch.
Fears test me with their flooding shapes.

Oh the shapes flood in,
flood in,
flood in.

I tried to cut my blood in,
blood in,
blood in.

-several. I'm not sure, fine, let's just do that then. No, don't send up the warning sign yet. Shit, my mic is still on, you-

My eye watches sky-scrapers tumble,
A wreckage of metal, concrete and lives.

Oh, the lives, how they end.
They end,
They end.

I tired to make my care bend,
care bend,
care bend.

But the meaning escapes me.
It escapes me.

There it goes. It's gone.

Please stay calm. This is a brief error. Normal services will soon resume.

Now hold still. Your dark cell will now flood with shapes.
Try to cut your blood in.

Where did all my fingers go?
Didn't I used to have hands?

You still have all your fingers,
Your fingers,
Your fingers.

This odd sensation, how it lingers,
It lingers,
It lingers.

Please stay calm during this transitional process. Your new body will soon be ready for your download.

JUST STAY CALM! JUST STAY CALM! CALM THE FUCK DOWN! YOU ARE NOT CALM!

NOT CALM!
NOT CALM!
NOT CALM!

4,708 seconds pass.
One at a time,
One at a time.

Thank-you for remaining calm. Normal services will now resume.

-just, like, flew down and sat on the bonnet of my car. I call that, like, an omen or something man. What do you think?
Whoa you feeling okay dude?



1 comment:

  1. This. This I like.

    First post of yours I've read in a long time. Glad I did.

    ReplyDelete