The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rowan.

Rowan indirectly requested that my blog include more 'Rowan'.

So, I'm writing a post about him. This is a picture of Rowan I took, feeding some birds:


I went to the school 'Trinity Christian School' (also known by me as 'That awful place') with Rowan for some years, that right now I can't be bothered remembering the number of. It was he who while I was there commented that I was so depressed I looked, "Like a skull with a clown wig glued to it". After my triumphant escape from it, we remained friends.

I don't recall exactly how we became friends, but that in of itself is wholly unremarkable, as I have an awful memory for that sort of thing. I also don't remember how I became friends with almost all the people I would regard as knowing me well, including David, who I would say knows me better than anyone.

In a circle of friends, there is always one person desperate to cause some kind of mischief. In my circle of friends, that person is almost certainly Rowan. In a good way. On the Trinity 'Muck Up Day' He famously caused a muck up so horrendous that the cleaners refused to clean. There were little white foam beads everywhere and everything was sticky. Also his parties are, without getting into detail, famously eventful. Extremely eventful.

Sadly his sense of humor is not always appreciated. But I assure you it is always ultimately well meaning. Well, nearly always, hahahaha.

Don't be fooled by his ragamuffin exterior though. A mind exists behind that charming adolescent face that I would only describe as 'Ingenious'. And it is that ingenious intellect that I am sure will see him well through life an in his future aspirations. His... Political aspirations. Specifically, Prime Minister of Australia. You heard me.

One of the things that I really value about Rowan is that he actually has a lot of balls. If he says he is going to do something, if he possibly can... He'll do it. He doesn't pretend to be something he isn't, which as someone who was nearly planning to professionally do that, I really admire.

I regard Rowan as a very close friend, and I believe he feels the same about me. And I wish only the best for him.

Also, if you want a post you have to ask for one.





No comments:

Post a Comment