The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Sunday, April 10, 2011

I, Rat

"You can only walk so far from your true self until you are pulled back, or the cord snaps"


I've never not been afraid. I've never been a fighter, or tenacious. When challenged, I run away. When upset or offended, I ignore. When insulted, I become not angry but sad.

That's not to say I don't get angry. I do fairly frequently. I'm just not very good at it. My voice goes squeaky and I get flustered and generally make a fool of myself.

I could never have been a warrior or a soldier. Submitting simply seems easier than fighting against the juggernaut of life. And I see not why it is that that is a bad thing.

I wonder what it is sometimes that makes me, me.


I think that is who I am. A coward, a snaker around of problems, he who flees, he who avoids. I could have been a mouse, or a rat, quite well. I take comfort from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment