The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Friday, April 15, 2011

As Lost As A Thing

Deep in the sea, in the deepest sea,
There is a thing waiting so long for me,
Out in the dreams where fishes swim,
The angels say "There is a thing for him"

Past the sky, the stars, and Saturn's ring,
There is a lonely, lost, forgotten thing.
In the airless cold of frozen outer space,
It waits for me, in it's icy, lost and secret place.

On the highest mountain in a distant world,
Where a day of light has never unfurled,
In the wind and storm, and the snow and fear,
The thing I long for, it waits here.

It is a tiny thing, that lurks in mystery,
It is the special thing, for no-one but me.
It isn't bright or loud, or full of hate or joy,
It isn't a bauble or children's play-thing toy.

It is my thing, I have so foolishly lost.
It waits for me, in the night, water, or frost.

Where is it now, my treasured prize?
What use are these dull, doll eyes?!
If I cannot see, touch, taste or know it,
If Liminal breaches do not show it?

What is it? Where is it? Why cannot my memory recall?
WHY CAN I KNOW NOT WHAT IT IS AT ALL!

God take this thorn out from my mind!
Let the spring of these clockwork thoughts unwind!

I know I sit on a broken seat.
I know only I am incomplete.









No comments:

Post a Comment