The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Monday, June 28, 2010

Electric Fence.


Oh God. I sure as hell have made a lot of posts lately. It's this thing I have going with Jason... a poem-a-night. Got a bit carried away. Anyway thats not important. The thing is, I've got a lot on my mind, and I feel like if I could only write it down, that it would leave me.

Actually, thats a lie. I don't have a lot on my mind. I have Just. One. Thing. On. My. Mind.

Ever looked at an electric fence for so long you just know what it would feel like? You just know? It would be like a Zap of electricity all up your arm.
And then. you just have to, you just have to touch it. No choice. It has to be done. Just to find out what it feels like for sure.

you slowly reach out your hand...

BANG!

Ouch! Ow ow ow ow ow!!!
Thats totally not what you expected! Yikes, that stung.

Yep. That hurt a lot.

No way are you doing that again. Thats what you think. That was just too stupid for words.

Only a complete moron would do it again.

Only a complete idiot.

You have to do it again. You have to.

You reach out again...

STOP.

This is the point where I don't continue, because we all know what it ends with.
But that was just a metaphor. I've never actually touched an electric fence. But I know some people who have.
This is not what is happening to me. However it is remarkably close. Is it because I'm bored? Because I'm self destructive? Because I don't know what my "electric fence" feels like, that I'm curious?

Not even close.

No comments:

Post a Comment