The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Monday, September 27, 2010

Explanations.


Far off, likely stories,
Of bombs and falling floors,
Crazed former glories,
Mask the hidden stores...

Of strength.

It means:
No one believes that an old man fought in a war. His tales of youth are considered lies fabrications. But he learned in that struggle the greatest skill of all. Patience.

Like fire icing my brain,
The ideas I have burn as they fill me
A million skull holes of pain,
The growth and form, like a cruel tree...

Of inspiration.

It means:
Bursting through in blazes of colour are the fears that my fellow man has gifted me with. What some consider art is just a pain in my head trying to escape. So I hope you enjoy them. Doesn't mean I can't be pompous.

Bread in the gutter,
The greatest of meals,
The morning wing flutter,
To feel what he feels...

An enlightenment.

It means:
Street urchins are forever downtrodden, eating refuse, and dying young. But the great of this world can hide in unlikely places. Greatness in not external, it is an internal quality to turn the ordinary in what it truly is. Extraordinary.

What do you know?
You are but a child,
You still need to grow,
uncivilized, weird, wild...

And Untamed.

It means:
Why do we see the need to turn everything that is not like us to become as us? Is it human nature to kill variety and difference? Be it, youth, age, culture or manner. It seems that "growth" is necessary for us all, so lets go to our "teachers".


No comments:

Post a Comment