The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Poem About My Insanity

Turn through a thousand corners.
None the right directions.
Only watch the heart-sick mourners
And infinite reflections.

Thinking and speaking gets hard,
When shouts and screams are all you can hear.
I wrote my name on a card,
In case I forget it, lost in the labyrinth of my fear.

Happy then sad,
Bouncing on my puppet string.
Sane then mad,
Will nothing ever end this thing?

Stay, go, I don't much care.
A coin digs deeply into my hand.
Walk away or sit and stare.
I imagine myself on sun-soaked sand.

Nothing helps, will nothing work?
Feverish dreams and alien sights.
Another delusion sends me berserk.
The never ending mental blights.

"My broken mind is leaking thoughts, in the corners and cracks.
I can't cope with this tide of sensation. Filling, spilling, drowning me."

No comments:

Post a Comment