The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Monday, November 22, 2010

Natural Is Not Synonymous With Good.



Just because something is "Natural" does not mean it is good. Natural is sitting in a tree in the rain, naked, covered in fecal matter eating a live rat. Very natural. Very disgusting.

Of course I'm not saying that everything from "nature" is bad. Much of it is very good. Plants, fruit, air, cows, rivers ect. are very good. But just saying that something is natural does not mean that is is good for you and therefore isn't a drug and you can smoke it without feeling guilty.

Not everything "unnatural" (that is made by man, and not by nature) is bad either. Intravenous fluid transfusions are unnatural. But if they didn't exist, I would be dead when I was four years old through critical dehydration due to a sever stomach bug I contracted at that age (ask me to tell you that story sometime). Vitamin supplementations, organ donation, swiss army knives, clothing, shoes, bridges, snorkel masks, mobile phones, assisted childbirth and watches are all unnatural. And in my humble opinion, none of them are bad. Very good in fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment