The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Minds At Night.



It's late at night.


Late as it gets.

It's dark outside.

Doesn't get darker.

It's raining down out there.

Down, down, down.

In the morning the world will belong to humanity.

People will drive cars to work.

Eat their breakfasts.

Solve their little niggling problems.

Love each other.

But for now...

Something else has taken over.

I don't know what to call it. 

I don't know what it is. 

All I know is...

Strange things happen. 

In our minds. 

At night. 

We don't talk about it much. 

Nor do we think much of it.

And unless it's a special occasion, we forget. 

But the fact remains. 

Strange things happen. 

In our minds. 

At night. 

Do they tell the future? 

Some say so. 

Others say that it is just the by-product.

Of the supercomputers, in our skulls', magic.

But the fact remains.


Strange things happen.


In our minds.

At night. 


Things that would make you afraid to sleep. 

If only you remembered them. 

Things that tug at dark corners. 


Things that grow.


And breath softly. 


Things that make you scream.

And run.

Oh God how I ran. 

Things that make no sense in the waking world.

That die, as if exposed to the vacuum of space. 

Are they malevolent?

Who knows. 

But strange they stay.

By night they come. 

Are your eyes getting heavy?

Mine are.

Are your limbs weak?

Damn, I'm tired. 

Are your thoughts slow?

Mine are like treacle. 

But I can't sleep.

How could I sleep?

After remembering the strange things.

That happened in my mind.

This night.

The Devil take me.

Satan's a lesser fate. 

Someone save me.


Please, save me.


From the strange things.

In my mind.

At night.


No comments:

Post a Comment