The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ticking clock.

I've been thinking about what I should do with my life for a while now. For a bit, I wanted to make art. But I realize that art isn't going to get me anywhere, or make me happy, or something that I'm even very good at.

I like writing, but as of current, I don't have the stamina as a writer to stick to the point of an idea for the length of an entire book without losing my audience to boredom. Hell, I have difficulty with it in some of my longer blog posts.

But I like telling people things through writing. I don't think I've thought anything that no one has thought before, but what I can do is express thoughts that other people want to express, but might not be able to.

I don't know what journalism is like as a profession. I don't know any journalists personally, so I have no idea what kind of personality suits the job. But surely looking into it can't be a bad idea.

I want to do something though, something to keep me occupied enough to forget how much I hate myself, and from what I've heard journalists have to think. A lot.

My life feels like a ticking clock, and I have to do something with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment