The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Insult Me And I'll Probably Agree With You.

"I am a Joel. Or am I? No I'm pretty sure I am. Yep. I checked just then. Imagine if someone stole you while you were sleeping and replaced you with a totally different person? Do you think you would notice? I would, if someone did it to me. Defiantly."

- Joel Hollands

Its funny, for a while I never thought I was different. I thought everyone was like me, and I had some pretty awkward situations discovering this. For example, I have known for ages that people dream. And I always thought that dreaming about drooling quilled creatures eating you, and starving to death in the desert and being dissected alive on shiny metal tables was just the sort of thing that everybody dreamed about every night. It turns out that for most people, nightmares are pretty rare. I get them most every night. And then probably the funniest other thing was the whole,

Joel: "Hey, you know the voices that you hear in your head?"

Other person: "Uh... No..."

Joel: "What do you mean no?"

Other person: "I don't hear voices in my head"

Joel: "Really? Thats weird"

Other person: "Not really... I don't think its normal to hear voices"

Joel: "Oh."

*Awkward Silence*

Anyway. By osmosis and the internet I discovered that there are various things about me that other people may consider strange. Thus different Joel is different, lol.

This should probs be the point that I say some thing like, "I may be different, but I like who I am! Yay!" But I don't. I hate me. I'm my least favorite person. For various reasons. No point elaborating. That would just be dull.

So yeah. Joel is who I am. And I'm less than happy about that.

Here's a Gibbon. You deserve it if you read all that crap.

Gibbons are the smallest apes, they are frugivores and a little bit folivores (that means they eat fruit and foliage). They are Monogamous, the mated pairs having little sexual dominance or weight difference. Both parents take an active role in caring for young.

No comments:

Post a Comment