The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Me And This Girl.

I knew a Girl.
With dark brown hair.
A pretty little thing.
Back when I didn't know how to think.

I know a girl,
With dark brown eyes.
I kissed her lips,
Once or twice.

I was bitten.
Buy a disease.
Of the mind.
And of the body.

Too late,
I found out,
All girls grow up.

I shrugged, and walked away.

Things happened,
I forget what.
A troubling time for me though I'm sure.

More to the point,
I got over it.
And onto greater things.
And greater mistakes.
The fool that I am.

I picked out the stars,
with my fingertips.
My beauties danced for me,
Like they always have.

I held my head in my hands
Screaming in pain.
My tormentor tormented me,
Like he or it always has,

I clasped my hands together,
A beggar on the street of life.
My king gave me love,
Like he always has,

And I worked out the meaning
of the puzzle,
Without all the pieces.
Like I do.
Because I was put together clever.

Then just recently,
I was dusting my books,
And I found a person.
Long forgotten,
Preserved in glass,
Taller, but the same.

I laughed and shook her hand.
How strange this thing is.
Cruel perhaps,
But I don't mind right now.

Do I remind you of the fool?
Dancing on the cliff edge?
Carrying the things he needs,
In his pockets, and his little bag.

All I need is a plume in my hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment