The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Monday, July 26, 2010

Creatures Come, Take My Body.

I watch the black silence trickle out of your ear like warm milk from a mother's teat, if milk were black. I cherished the moments we had had together as you deafened, became blind, senile, and finally, dead.

What are you?
A precious gift of knowledge?
A terrible wonderful mistake?
A self realization?
A messenger?
A world of hate?
A realness I've never before had?
A desperate chance?

Stab me! Stab me here! Look, you can see it beating through my skin!
And must I now begin to feel the things I've never ever felt outside of emotional empathy for others' feelings?

To feel it myself. The rawness, the rage, the redness, the hot darkness. Beating in me like a second heart.

So I shall lie in your sky, in agony, hooks in my flesh, pulling me across the blue dome of heaven.
Burning alive for all eternity to light your world?

Yes. For you, I would do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment