The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Friday, July 30, 2010

Let Us Talk About Something Important.

Abortion. Tricky issue.

Okay so, its traumatizing for the mother. I can definitely understand that. Especially if they have to raise the child afterward and/or if they have been raped.

I would say, it all depends on whether you consider a fetus a person. If you consider it/her/him a person you will give that being the rights of one, i.e life.

If you consider it a parasitic fold of flesh causing pain and anguish to an otherwise healthy woman then the choice is also blatantly obvious.

But then you have to ask yourself, if you consider one of these to be fact, you have to ask yourself: When does a separate egg and a separate spermatozoa become a "person" and when does a fold of flesh become a baby?

I'm not going to pour guilt down your throat from either direction. But I personally consider a fetus a person, and am pro life. In most cases I consider abortion murder. Not all though. Sometimes it is a necessary if unfortunate thing that has to be done.

My recommendation would in most cases also be that the child not be raised by the woman who birthed it. Particularly in the case of teenage mothers.

I am not a woman and I am young. However I do know what it is to make a difficult, life changing, life saving decision for another person that you owe nothing to, at great personal cost.

I have also known someone who is pro choice not because of the mothers plight, because that person is simply amoral and desires freedom from responsibility. This is something I considered very wrong, but passed no judgement.

Because of my opinions in this area I have been given many slurs, insults and criticisms. However I would ask you to respect my opinions and beliefs in this just as I (by and large) respect yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment