The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Friday, July 30, 2010

Live?


I don't live, I just exist in a semi-perpetual biologically inefficient way. The purpose of my existence is to continue doing this for as long as possible while accomplishing a set number of tasks.

Those tasks do not require me to be happy. Not even comfortable really.

The soul is a promise that whatever it is that makes a Joel a Joel will be plucked from my corpse and placed in a more efficient body later.

I have already accomplished the specific task required for this to occur.

So I'm going to do a bit more stuff, and then I'll die.

I have regrets. I see them as 'Things Not To Do Next Time' and serve a biological purpose.

I don't live like there will be no tomorrow, because if there isn't then I won't be there, and if there is I will be seriously under-prepared.

I don't dance like nobody watching. I dance like a Joel who knows people are watching and wants to get some attention by doing something no one else is doing right now.

I don't love like I have never been hurt, I love in a strategic informed way that will minimize potential hurt in the future. If such a thing as love can be said to exist.

I don't sing like nobody is listening, I sing in tune, and with correct pitch, to songs I enjoy. I like the sensation it brings to my vocal chords and to entertain the people who are obviously there.

I don't live like its heaven on earth, I live like its earth on earth because heaven doesn't have acting rapists, thieves, murderers, cruelty, intolerance and various other things that if one pretends does not exist can cause serious problems to one's health.

I want to live forever, everyone to do what I say, be a millionaire and have the most beautiful woman in the world fall in love with me.

Suck it Twain.

No comments:

Post a Comment