The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Crocodilian Deal.

I opened a window. It was night time.

The moon looks very nice, don't you think? I like the breezes.

Swimming through the night air, just underneath the yellow streetlights, was a crocodile.

Its true.

Enormous and dark green, Scaly, huge bellied, pointed white teeth, yellow eyes shining,

In the moonlight, in the streetlights.

Gracefully he swam through the air, as long as a bus, his tail, swishing through the air.

Each of his scales, as big as your hand, and a hundred tooth grin like a con-man who knows

The lottery tomorrow, is gonna be fixed.

It was, pretty cool, you should have been there.

he stuck his gargantuan head,

In through my window.

And said in a deep, smooth, crocodilian voice, (yeah he could speak as well),

"What are you doing on a night like this, boy?"

He grinned his polished white teeth. Blinked a yellow set of eyes.

I told him, I was looking at the moon.

I told him, I suppose this must be a dream.

Hey, wouldn't you have thought the same?

"No boy," the crocodile grinned even wider as he replied,"This is not a dream"

Well I was unconvinced. But I asked him what he wanted with me anyway.

"What I want? No boy, its what you want that I came here to organize"

I asked him what he meant, even though I thought I knew.

"I want to make a deal with you boy, a trade, I give you what you want, you give me,

What I want."

I said I thought that was fair enough.

I said that the crocodile probably knew what I wanted.

He nodded his giant scaly grinning head.

"I sure do. And I can get that for you. All I want in return...

Is your face."

My face? What does a giant crocodile want with my face? I bet thats what you are thinking.

Thats what I asked him.

"Oh," he said in response, smooth as ever, "That's not important"

"The Important thing, boy, is you get what you want"

Well I thought this was a pretty okay deal.

What would you have done?

I said yes,

I shook a huge black crocodile claw. Sealing the deal.

I woke up.

I had exactly what I wanted.

But that was a while ago now.

It didn't last long.

And now, when I look in the mirror, I have no face.

Only I can see it. Or not see it I suppose.

Sometimes I look into the night, out of my open window,

And search for the crocodile who took my face.

The bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment