The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Monday, December 27, 2010

Spider's Life.


Spiders are not something that I am frightened of. I have many in my room, spinning their tiny webs, and occasionally crawling on me. I've been bitten a great many times. The worst was probably a red back bite, which was alike to having a very, very bad cold. People say they kill you but they really don't. I never even took any anti-venom. The upshot of being bitten by little mostly harmless spiders is that I don't really get sick anymore when I'm bitten by the nasty ones. I still get skin irritation, but that's about it. Female spiders are almost always larger than the males, often eating their mates after copulation, and then she is oftentimes eaten, willingly, by their resultant offspring.

Spiders cling, and spiders swing,
they drop their threads,
And they spin their webs,
Spider, spider, spin me a love,
Spider, spider fall down from above.

I watch the lady spider, cannibalize her mate,
And then as her babies hatch, she does only wait,
And the little babies spider,
They crawl out from inside her,
Their only birthday wish,
Is to eat her living flesh,
And that mummy of the spiders,
To them she happily obliges.

Murderers from the womb,
They can never kill too soon,
They spin their delicate strings,
And the spider's life, it sings,
It sings
It sings
It sings to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment