The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Monday, December 6, 2010

Thieves Make Poor Friends.

A friend of mine had her iPhone stolen by her boyfriend. Personally, I think this is a rather odd thing to do. I'm not a thief, but if I were one and I planned to steal an iPhone, I would probably just steal it from someone I didn't know, didn't like, from the proprietor directly or someone who was just leaving the shop with one.

Stealing something from someone you know and like that can be easily found from somewhere else is just plain... stupid. Its dumb. He clearly did not think through such a theft.

And apparently, he only gave it back once she found out that he had it. Then she dumped him.

Theft isn't a clever thing. I know a girl who steals things from shops. I find myself having a distinct lack of trust for her, I'm always afraid that she is going to nick something from me or from my friends.

In truth you probably won't be caught, unless you are dumb, but when you become a thief, you lose integrity. It is a valuable thing, difficult to reestablish once lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment