The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Monday, December 20, 2010

Trilemma.

The Lewis' Trilemma. That's what I've got people.

I have defiantly seen things that are what one might call impossible. So you've got three things that you can believe, and two that I can.

1) I'm a liar. However, I know I'm not lying. Obviously you can't be sure, but I know.

so for me that leaves two possibilities.

2) The experiences are the result of mental illness.

3) The experiences are genuine.

I have to say, I think that the possibility that I'm insane is just as likely as it being true. I'm usually quite coherent, and these things that have happened to me in moments not of trouble but in moments of coherency. So really, the way I logically see it, is that each is equally possible.

I've got this stuff organised. I'm as ready to accept No. 2 as No. 3. And I don't know which I'd rather have be correct. No. 2 means that I'm all the things that I sometimes think I am, and No. 3 opens up very, very frightening possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment