The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chimp







Chimps frighten me. Strange violent animals, and all to close to the shape of a human.

Fear is an interesting thing. I feel it almost as much as I feel hunger.

To my opinion, fear is a subtle, well made defense mechanism and warning signal.

Why is it we so value bravery? Would you value someone who was able to ignore being hungry? No, you would take them to the doctor. Well, perhaps it is a bit different to that.

In me fear is more present than in many people. Some would call that cowardly or paranoid, and say it is a fault. I would say that I am simply more aware of how very, very close our delicate bodies are to tipping that balance that can't be untipped.

All creatures that feel fear are more intelligent than the ones that don't, though obviously the way they react to it is different depending on the animal. What does that say?

But it's still probably a fault.

If a chimp is five times stronger than an average man, and the average man is five times stronger than me, I conclude that I am as far above the average man as he is above a chimp.

Who needs self respect when they have raw egotism?

(I don't honestly believe that to tell you the truth)



No comments:

Post a Comment