The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Friday, February 4, 2011

The Truth Will Set You Free


I like telling people the truth. I like telling them my truth. The truth of the world and the true ugliness that lies behind even the most beautiful face.

I like being cynical, dream-crushing and even fatalistic. I smile when I tell pampered silly people about how many children starve to death every day to produce our fancy clothes. I feel satisfaction when for brief moments people see the world the way I do.

I like killing the beautiful ageless Queen, and I like to watch her crumble to dust as all the years that she stole catch up with her.

But most of all I like to tell people what I think about the little lies. Santa isn't real. Neither is justice. Neither is peace, equality and true lack of prejudice.

Things movies lie to you about:

Money does make you happy, you won't have enough.

Love doesn't make you happy, you'll probably either get divorced, or be unhappily married.

Living forever would not be awful. It would be great.

True happiness is not only incredibly hard to find, but highly overrated.

Bad guys always win, nice people frequently get nothing out of it.

There is no dignity in death. When you die, it will be very ugly.

Can't you all see? It's fantasic, the truth is mass panic and freedom is unbridled anarchy. That's what it looks like. It is terrible, horrible and emotionally scaring. When I see it, I smile.

Truth is beauty, beauty, truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment