The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sleep

We spend half our lives unconscious and hallucinating so that our bodies don't collapse and our brains can debug and sort out the organization of significant and non significant encounters. If you do not sleep for roughly eleven days, you will die.

I dislike sleeping. Once, while I was in a state of extended hypomania, I did not sleep for five days, an entire school week. though I know people who due to anxiety or depression have not slept for longer.

There are different types of exhaustion. Physical exhaustion is something I deal with regularly. However, my brain has vastly larger amounts of stamina than my body. I am able to coherently, if towards the end drunkenly, think for much longer than I can act.

I find this mismatch odd. As I write this, my brain is working well, but my fingers and arms are weak.

I pray that as time passes my wit will stay strong. If my fingers, eyes and brain could only ever improve in quality or at least not deteriorate, I would be grateful beyond measure to the Lord.




No comments:

Post a Comment