The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Art and Apples and Guns and People and Stuff.

Before I had opinions, I liked making things. I always really liked doing things with my hands, and making things. And that is what my art is. I'm just making something. It is satisfaction. Its the point of me. I make things. Other people make art because they want to say something, or because they want to pump up their ego, or because they want money, or they like the idea of doing it or some other reason. Which I think is fine.It doesn't affect me why you made the art, I only care if it is good.

My art does those things too sometimes but that isn't why I do it. The reason why I make "art" is because that is what I am for. I make things. If it was chairs, I'd make chairs, If it was preindustrial guns (before they had machines to do it, and all the guns were subtly different), I'd make preindustrial guns, If it was houses, I'd make houses, if it was pots, I'd make pots, if it was bullets, I'd make bullets. But because I have a choice, I make sculptures and paintings. It's what I like to make. But if things had been different and I could have creatively made something else, I'd be happy with that.

I'm very tired tonight. Apparently my family has no money. If I remember, I might get a job a woolies or something.

It might seem out of character for me to say that I would be comfortable making guns and bullets. Its true that I don't like them. But for no more reason than that I don't like alcohol or cars, that being that they kill people. I agree that they are useful. Its just that when I think of guns, I just instantly think of people being shot. And I dislike it when people are shot.

I don't know why it is that I dislike the idea of people being shot. I mean, I hate people. Not the individuals, but as a whole. Its kind of silly really. Its like liking particular apples because you eat them, but disliking apples as a whole fruit species. Think of it like that. It's stupid. I've decided to call it "Pragmatic Misanthropy". I hate people as far as it is practical for me to do so.

At least, that's how I feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment