The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Meh.


Meh: A coloquiall term for not being particularly fussed either way.

Example:

1st person: Hey, do you want that last piece of popcorn?

2nd Person: Meh

I was watching the flooding of Queensland on telivsion, and I was wondering to myself, "Why don't I care more?".

If I picture the face of some starving african child in my mind, I just don't really care. Perhaps that what with all this advertising of disaster and death by the media, I've become desenitized. Perhaps I'm just a prick.

It got me thinking about the things I do care about. And I've got to say, I generally don't. I mean, I love my family and friends, but that word just doesn't really tugg any strings in my heart. People sometimes say things like, "Wow, I'm so pumped for this or that" or "I really love such and such a thing/person" and I say, "Hey yeah, Its pretty good" and don't really think anything. I mean, I like things and people, and I'd be pissed if you took my people or things away, but if they are there and doing what they are supposed to, I'm just sort of 'meh'.

Isn't youth supposed to be passionate about things? I'm just totally apathetic to everything.




No comments:

Post a Comment