The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dragon

I lost a lot of blood that night,

I lost a lot of face.

I lost my mind in the flood that night.

I had no saving grace.


If I had the strength to lift a dozen problems,

And crack them clean in twain,

I'd never again have a facial spasm,

And never an aching brain.


I wonder if you'll read this,

I wonder if you care,

I will soon forget this,

Soon, I'll have grey hair.


Does my honesty offend you?

Does the truth make you sweat?

I'm not sorry if I hurt you,

But its not my aim to cause a fret.


Perhaps one day I'll meet my match,

A person who knows what to say,

But till then the rhymes I'll catch,

And the knight errants I will slay.


The princess will wait in her tower of thought,

As day after day the king's men are fought,

She's like a wax work dummy, unmoving,

Oh once her mere presence was so soothing.


I'll sit right here on my pile of gold,

Until my scales are moldy and old,

Or perhaps until the prince, finally,

Decides to come and put an end to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment