The Flying Ship

The Flying Ship

Friday, January 14, 2011

Tectonic Is A Great Word.

Have you ever thought about yourself, sitting in the middle of two tectonic plates. Slowly, slowly sliding together. You sit in between them, before they touch. Dead slow they move together, brushing your limbs lightly. Then, you have to squeeze a little to be comfortable. Then, you struggle to breath as they get closer and closer together. Soon, you can't breath at all. You are now dead, but the earth keeps moving, sliding sliding, and your skull pops, your ribcage makes cracking noises. Just red paste after that, being smooshed out of a tiny crack.

Have you ever thought about that? No? Well, neither have I.

I wonder if my life had been different, I would still have grown this way. I wonder if in some other place, I grew to be a real man. If in one of those quantum universes a man survives ground zero of an atomic strike, I'm sure there is one where I could be a real man.


No comments:

Post a Comment